Time: 30 minutes.
One thing I missed the most while living abroad is hawker food. The clanking of kitchen utensils, the warm chatters among customers and piping hot food coming out from every corner at any moment. The ambience is just so distinctive and become such a rare sight to look at once you are staying abroad.
Wonton noodle (云吞面) is a yummy noodle dish served with wonton and a soy sauce based gravy. Depending on the location, the noodles can be topped with either roasted pork (Char Siu / 叉烧) or boiled chicken slices. A very typical dish served in the morning and for a quick boost in stamina for the day.
Click the link below to see how to make the wonton (just replace with the square wonton skins. Also don’t forget to check our other noodles recipe below!
Ingredients (2 pax):
- 2 thin yellow noodles
- 2 choy sum (or mustard spinach)
- 2 spring onion
- 2 ginger slices
- 2 tbs dark soy sauce
- 2 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- Some white pepper
- 10 wonton
- 1 chicken breast (about 200 – 300 g)
- 10 wonton
- [Optional] BBQ Pork (Char siu / 叉烧)
1. Start off by boiling the chicken breast with spring onion and ginger slice for about 15 minutes. Use a fork or chopstick to check if the chicken is fully cooked. Take out the chicken and put aside. Tear them into strips using fork.
2. In a separate pot, boiled some thin Chinese noodles. Follow the instruction on the package. Drain off the water when cooked. In the mean time, mix 1 tbs of dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, sesame oil, 1/2 tbs of oyster sauce and some white pepper on each serving plate.
2. Add in the prepared wontons and choy sum into the chicken broth. Boil them for about 3 minutes till cooked. Add 3 tbs of the broth onto your noodles. Lastly, arrange everything onto your plate now and your delicious Wonton Noodles is done!
What do you think of our recipe? Comment below and share them with us!