Time: 15 minutes.
[Vegatarian / Halal]
The tomato egg soup is a simple, healthy and delicious vegetable soup often prepared by Chinese families. The preparation of soup often requires broth, but not in this particular dish. Tomato gives the soup its sweet and sourness while the eggs give the soothing texture to the soup itself. This recipe is almost on par with to instant soup packets when it comes to cooking and preparation time.
Although it is not shown in this recipe, you may add in any other ingredients you like, such as glass noodles or meat balls. This recipe is relatively robust, and can be tweak in any ways you like.
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 4 small eggs
- 2 Japanese scallions
1. Chopped tomatoes into 8 pieces as shown below. Cut the scallions and separate them into white and green parts.
2. Heat a pot with 2 tbs oil in it over a medium flame. Saute the scallions (white part only) till they turn brown slightly. Put it the tomatoes and continue the saute process until they soften.
3. When the tomatoes soften, add in 500 mL of water. Season with some salt and bring the soup to a boil. Simmer for around 5 minutes over a medium-low flame.
4. Beat the eggs and pour into the pot. Do not stir them and allow them to be cook for around 1 minute.
5. Sprinkle in the scallions and mix well. Serve them in small bowls immediately.
What do you think of our recipe? Comment below and share them with us!