Time: 10 minutes.
Tomato and eggs are best pals in every corner of the world when it comes to cooking. Today, we are going to introduce you 番茄炒蛋 – a super easy one-pan Chinese tomato fried eggs. This dish is very common among Chinese families. Freshness of the ingredients are necessary to provide maximum flavour to this addicting dish. The fragrance released by the lightly cooked tomatoes, in conjunction with the soft, smooth texture of the eggs, would just melt away in the mouth and trickle down your throat before you even realize it!
- 3 fresh medium eggs
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- [Optional] 1 tsp white vinegar
- [Optional] 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- [Optional] Corn starch solution
1. Prepare the ingredients by cutting the tomatoes and breaking the eggs.
2. Add in 1/2 tsp of salt and vinegar into the eggs. Beat them up together in only one direction.
3. Heat up the wok over a medium flame with some oil. Pour in the beaten eggs and allow it to cook for around 10 seconds. Stir fry them for around 40 seconds. Put them aside for later use.
4. Drizzle in 1 tbs of oil and stir fry the tomato over a medium-high flame. When the tomatoes starts to soften, add in the ketchup. Mix well and immediately add in 50 ml of water. Allow them to cook for a while.
5. As the tomatoes start to soften further, thicken the sauce using some corn starch solution. Season the tomatoes with some salt too.
6. Pour in the eggs and mix well. Serve them on the plate immediately once they are well mixed. You may decorate your dish with some spring onions.
And there you go. The mouth-watering tomato fried egg (番茄炒蛋) just under 10 minutes! Serve them with some steamed rice now!
What do you think about this recipe? Comment below and share them with us!