Time: 20 minutes.
Welcome to our first vegan Chinese dish! Although it does not contain any meat at all, but it tastes better than any meat dishes out there! I am actually quite surprised that it is still not on any take-away menu yet. Maybe I should start one by myself? *chuckles*
The Three Treasures from Earth (地三鲜) is represented by aubergines, paprika and potato. This dish originates from the Northeast regions of China (东北菜). Potato provides the various types of vitamins and main source of carbohydrates. Aubergines contains a tremendous amount of vitamin E and P – something that could not be found in other vegetables, strengthening and loosening up our blood microvessels, while reducing blood cholesterol level. Paprika contains twice the amount of vitamin C compare to tomato, reinforcing our immune system while stimulating our appetite due to its spiciness.
- 1/2 red paprika
- 1/2 green paprika
- 1 medium aubergine
- 1 medium potato
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 Chinese / Japanese leek
- Corn flour
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 80 ml water
1. Slice the vegetables into bite-sized chunks. Diced the garlic and leek finely. Peel and cut the potato and heat them in a microwave at 500W for 3 minutes.
2. Sprinkle some corn flour onto the aubergines and cooked potato (around 1 tsp). Mix them well and heat up the wok with a generous amount of oil.
3. Fry the aubergines and potato first at 180°C for around 7 minutes. Next, add in the paprika and continue fry them for another 2-3 minutes. Shake off excess oil and put the vegetables aside.
4. Remove all the oil in the wok. Add in 1 tbs of oil. Saute the garlic and spring onions. When the garlic browns, pour in all the sauces and water. Stir well and bring them to a boil.
5. When the sauce boils, put the vegetables back in and toss them. Turn off the heat and serve them on a plate when they are covered in sauce. You may or may not need to add in additional corn starch solution to thicken the sauce.
What do you think of our recipe? Comment below and share them with us!