Time: 15 minutes.
The egg pancake is a famous Taiwanese street food in night market. Similar to omelette in Western cultures, this is a light and tasty quick bites – suitable for high-tea or breakfast.
Egg batter (4 servings):
- 1 medium egg
- 2 large tbs all purpose flour
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 150 ml water
- [Optional] Chopped spring onions
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 ham slices
- 4 slices of your favourite cheese
- Mayonnaise / Tomato ketchup / Chilli sauce
1. First, start off with preparing the egg batter by mixing all the ingredients mentioned above. Beat them thoroughly with chopsticks.
2. Heat up the flat pan with some oil over medium-low heat. Add in a scoop of batter and spread them slightly over the pan. Fry for 2 minutes. Next, beat an egg over the batter. Fry for another 2 minutes till the bottom of the batter become cook.
3. Place your ham and cheese slices on top. Top with some mayonnaise and chilli sauce. Turn down to low heat and fry for a minute.
4. Fold the egg into rolls as shown below. Fry both side for another 30-60 seconds.
5. Slice them into 5 pieces. Serve!
What do you think about our recipe? Comment and share them with us!