Time: 15 minutes.
[Vegan / Halal]
As a Chinese, I do not remember having this a lot but this dish seems rather popular among the Japanese and Chinese community. Some places even offer take-aways and deliveries for this dish. I also have had a number of requests for the recipe.
土豆丝 is commonly eaten with rice. It has an earthy aroma, coming from the potato, yet has light touches of sourness and spiciness. The trick to this dish is to find an ultimate balance of earthiness, sourness and spiciness – which is easily achievable with the steps shown below.
- 2 medium potato
- Some chilli, sliced [Alt: Paprika]
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- 1 tbs sugar
1. Skin the potato and cut them into thin slices. Immerse them in the water for about 5 – 10 minutes. Then, sliced the chilli / paprika.
2. Heat the frying pan with 2 tbs oil. Saute the potato for around 7- 10 minutes until it turns semi translucent. Pop in the chilli / paprika then.
3. When the chilli starts to release its fragrance, pour in the vinegar and sugar. Stir-fry it quickly over a medium high flame. Season with some salt.
4. Serve it on the dish when the vinegar were absorbed by the potato. Here you go, the infamous stir-fried shredded potato – best enjoyed with your family!
What do you think of this recipe? Comment below and share it with us!