Time: 25 minutes.
Thanks to your overwhelming support, our previous simple Soy Sauce Chicken (酱烧鸡腿) recipe had received so many views that it became one of our most viewed blogpost after being uploaded. Today, I would like to introduce the advance version of this dish so that you could bring the common dish up to the next level! I understand the basic soy sauce chicken was great, but I bet this recipe is going to re-define the fundamentals of soy sauce chicken!
- ~12 chicken drumlets
- 2 star anise
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 Japanese spring onion (White)
- 1-2 dried chillies
- 1/2 onion
- 3 ginger slices
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 2 laurel
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs yellow bean paste (黄豆酱)
- 1 tbs soy sauce
1. Start off by boiling a pot of water with the chicken in it. Turn off the heat and drain off the water as soon as it boils. In the mean time, prepare the other ingredients.
2. Add a little oil into the wok and saute the laurel, star anise and cinnamon stick for around 20 seconds until the fragrant are release. Add in onion, ginger, chillies, garlic and spring onion and saute for about a minute.
3. Add in the yellow bean sauce and saute for about 15 seconds. Add in the chicken and mix well. Immediately add in soy sauce and oyster sauce afterwards. Stir-fry for about a minute.
4. Pour in enough water that could cover the chicken. Simmer over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes until gravy thickens.
5. Mix it with some green parts of spring onion. Serve them while hot.
6. Here you go! Our advance version of soy sauce chicken!
What do you think of our recipe? Comment below and share them with us!