Time: 20 minutes.
Eggs are wondeful stuff. There are so many ways to cook an egg. We would like to introduce a simple lunch egg recipe just for you. This is a Cantonese homemade dish that are easy to eat and healthy. Perfect for kids to ensure maximum nutrient intake. You may also check out our scrambled egg recipe fit for a British gentleman.
- 2 packs of Shimeji mushroom
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 spring onions
- Salt and black pepper
- Corn starch solution
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs cooking wine
1. Prepare the ingredients above. Chop the spring onions and beat the eggs thoroughly. Season the eggs with some salt beforehand.
2. Heat up the pan with 2 tbs of oil over medium heat. Pour in the eggs and allow them to cook for about 30 seconds. Lightly mix them by pushing them around the pan. Take them out and put aside just before they start to harden.
3. Clean the pan and add in the mushrooms. Season with some salt and pepper. Stir-fry them with for 3-5 minutes. Pour in 150 ml of water, soy sauce and cooking wine and boil them for about 2 minutes.
4. Thicken the gravy using corn starch solution. Then put the cooked eggs back into the pan. Turn off the heat and mix well.
5. Pour the eggs out onto a plate. Garnish with spring onions. Serve with some steaming hot rice while hot.
What do you think of our recipe? Comment below and share them with us!