Time: 15 minutes.
Hello guys! Spring is approaching soon and Japanese are waiting desperately for the annual sakura blooming events. It is also one of the worst time where flu are spreading all over during this period of time – probably due to the humidity and change in seasons.
As the Chinese quote goes “防范胜于治疗 (Prevention is better than cure)”, it is important to eat healthy during this high risk period. Chinese parents and grandparents often encourage their kids to have a simple, light porridge meal at least weekly – in accordance to the 养生 philosophy or also known as detoxification.
This recipe is utterly simple. Boil the rice, put in whatever ingredients you like, and there goes your delicious meal! Good luck and stay healthy!
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- 15 cups of water
- 1 inch ginger, sliced
- 8 medium prawns
- 100 g of sliced codfish
- 1 broccoli
- White pepper
- [Optional] Coriander / spring onions
- [Optional] Sesame oil
1. Boil the rice, ginger slices and water over a medium flame for 10 minutes. You may freeze the rice one night before for a better taste and texture.
2. Wash and devein the prawns. Cut the codfish and broccoli into bite-sized slices. Do not waste the white part and skinned the broccoli nicely as shown below.
3. The rice has been cooked into porridge now. Put it the broccoli, fish slices and prawns. Cook for another 5 minutes. You may add in some water if it is too dry.
4. Season with some salt and white pepper. Serve them on bowl while hot. Garnish with coriander, spring onions or sesame oil.
What do you think of our recipe? Comment below and share them with us!