Time: 10 minutes.
Scrambled eggs are one of the most popular Western breakfast among Malaysians. This quick egg meal is hearty, delicious and is a perfect way to start-off your morning. The ingredients required are as shown below:
- 3 medium size eggs
- 1.5 teaspoon of butter
Yes. It’s that simple! I understand that there are recipes out there adding heavy cream, full cream milk or even water. But if you follow my methods, you wouldn’t need any of those.
Alright! Let’s cut out the small talks and off we go!
1. Beat the eggs at high speed using a fork until it become thoroughly mixed.
2. Heat up the pan on a medium low heat and melt a teaspoon of the butter. This is important to prevent the butter from burning. Next, add in your beaten eggs and switch to low heat immediately.
3. After about 10 seconds you could see a thin egg film starts to form at the bottom of the pan. The trick starts now. Keep swirling the eggs in a number 8 fashion for 5 seconds. Remove the pan from the flame and swirl it for another 5 seconds before putting it back on the flame. Repeat.
4. After repeating the swirling for several times, the eggs become more solidify as shown in the picture below. Now add in the remaining butter, followed by some pepper and salt. Continue swirling the eggs using the on-and-off-the-heat technique.
4. And tadaa! Your British scrambled eggs is done! Serve it on a plate and Bon apetit!
You can sprinkle some fresh coriander on your scrambled eggs for a more fragrant taste.
Or you can eat it together with a toast! This sandwich goes extremely well with a guacamole spread. Check out here from our simple guacamole recipe.
What do you think about recipe? Please comment and let me know!