Time: 20 minutes.
Light, juicy and tender scallion oil chicken (葱油鸡) is my personal favourite. The amazing part of this dish is that the chicken are so nicely cooked that it just slip down your throat without even the need to bite them. Time is of the essence in this dish. One has to stop boiling and cool the chicken as soon as it is cooked.
- 2 large chicken drumstick
- 2 spring onions, cut into 1cm length
- 6 slices of ginger
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 shallots
1. Prepare the spring onions and 2 slices of ginger. Add in enough water to immerse the chicken completely. Turn on the heat and boil for 7 minutes.
2. Upon reaching the 7-minute-mark, turn off the heat and cover the pot with a lid for 15 minutes. Chill the chicken for a minute in ice-cold water after that. Chopped spring onions, shallots, garlic and ginger slices. Randomly cut the shallots and garlic would suffice.
3. Add in 3 tbs of oil and heat ’em up over medium flame. Add in the chopped vegetables and stir-fry till fragrant. This process should take about 3-5 minutes. Take ONLY the oil out and mix them with oyster sauce and soy sauce.
4. Remove (or ‘tear’) the chicken from the bones manually as shown below.
5. Mix the prepared sauce with the chicken. Garnish with some extra spring onion if you desired.
Like our recipe? Comment below and share them with us!