Time: 20 minutes.
Prawn sambal can be eaten like an instant food. Spread them on a piece of bread or top them on some steaming white rice and you get yourself a hearty meal. Prawn sambal could also be a good alternative for the nasi lemak sambal if you enjoy a light twist from your favourite conventional dish. Serve this prawn sambal with some ikan bilis, cucumbers and eggs with your nasi pandan for a tasty, mind-blown Nasi Lemak!
- 100 g dried prawns
- 5 shallots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 inch ginger
- 2 inch galangal
- 1 tbs of Indian mix spices
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs tamarind juices
1. Blend the dried prawns. Take them out and then blend the shallots, ginger, galangal and garlic together.
2. Pour in a generous amount of oil. When heated, pour in the blended paste and add in the mix spices. Saute for around 7-8 minutes until the oil splits.
3. Add in the blended prawns. Saute them over a medium flame for about 10-12 minutes till they are cooked thoroughly. Season with some salt and tamarind juices.
4. Stored them in sealed containers for future use. You may eat these with rice or bread! Boiled some eggs and slice some cucumbers and you would get a hearty meal for the next few meals!
What do you think of our recipe? Comment below and share them with us!