Time: 10 minutes.
One of the most interesting tourism spot in Malaysia is pasar malam (night market). And when one talk about night market, street food would always come into mind. Usually wrapped in banana leaves, Indian Prawn Fry is one of the most underrated food that did not really capture the spotlight most of the time. This hot and spicy prawn is really quick and easy to make. It is highly addicting as you just pop the prawns again and again in your mouth and before you realized, they’re gone.
When it comes to a prawn dish, one need to be careful on not to overcook the prawns – they might lose all their juices and succulent texture. Follow this recipe closely, and you can guarantee your success!
- 300 g prawns, shell removed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- [Adjustable] 1-2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 20 curry leaves
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/2 lemon juice
1. Remove the shell from the prawns and dry them with a kitchen roll. Mix in the ground coriander, chilli, turmeric, lemon juice, ginger and garlic paste. Marinate for at least 15 minutes.
2. Heat up the pan with some oil. Pour in mustard seeds, curry leaves and chilli. Saute them for around 3 minutes. Add in the marinated prawns and fry them for 5-7 minutes until fully cooked.
3. Serve them on a plate or in banana leaf wraps. Our favourite street food – Indian Prawn Fry is now done!
What do you think of our recipe? Comment below and share them with us!