Time: 90 minutes.
“Nothing beats your mum’s bowl of hot soup.” is what I had learnt over the past years. In order to make a chinese soup, one would always need a broth, a main ingredients and some chinese herbs. The old cucumber soup provides cooling effect to our body. This soup works exceptionally well with people living in tropical regions such as Malaysia. My mother used to make this soup for me whenever I have an incoming important exam or I am falling sick.
Despite the long cooking hour, the cooking method is almost fool-proof. Pop everything into a pot, simmer for an hour plus and serve them on a bowl with your loved ones. Feel free to comment below if you have any other soup ingredients you would like to learn.
- 1 whole old cucumber
- 2 tbs dried anchovies, put into a tea bag
- 8 red dates, seeds removed
- 2 tbs of dried cuttlefishes
- 1 tbs goji berries
- 800 ml water
- 200 g chicken bone (Alternative: Pork bones)
1. Prepare all the ingredients and cut them into appropriate sizes. Put the anchovies into a tea bag for easy isolation later on.
2. Clean the chicken bones by rinsing with water. Remove blood clots and excess fatty layers. Prepare a pot with water and bring them to a boil. Boil your chicken for 20 seconds and drain off all the water. This process is to remove blood clots or any foul smell from the chicken.
3. Boil another pot of water. Add in everything except the goji berries, cook them on a high heat for 10 minutes. Then, turn them down to low heat and simmer for 70 minutes.
4. Put in the goji berries and continue simmer for another 10 minutes. Remove the tea bag of anchovies and your old cucumber is done!
What do you think of our recipe? Comment below and share them with us!