Time: 15 minutes.
Having trouble sneaking vegetables into your children’s diet? Need some quick bites during your couch-potato session? Well, am I glad to inform you that you had came to right place. These tasty meat pancakes are the ultimate solution to your problems!
Being an extremely choosy child back in my childhood, my mother had gone through all sorts of troubles to come up with various recipes that could trick me into taking in more vegetables. Knowing how much I love eating hamburgers (I still do!), she had came up with this recipe and persuaded me to willingly eat carrots. This dish could also be a very good party dish for large number of attendees.
- 300 g minced meat (Pork / Chicken / Beef)
- [Optional] 80 g prawn, lightly minced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- A grab of spring onions, finely diced
- 2 beaten medium eggs
- 1 tbs ginger
- 1 tbs garlic
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs corn flour
- 4 tbs all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
1. First and foremost, dice and shred the carrot, onion, spring onions, ginger and garlic into fine pieces. You may also use a blender to do this.
2. Mix well and put aside. You may also refrigerate it for later use.
3. Add in the minced meat, flour and eggs into the vegetable mixture. Mix them well. You may refrigerate this for later use.
4. Heat the pan with some oil on it over a medium-low flame. Shape the mixture into a ball shape and place it on the pan.
5. Lightly flatten the patty using a spatula into a circle. Be careful not to make it too thick or too thin (around 1.5 cm thickness). Patty that are too thick might not be thoroughly cooked and thin patty might not hold together well.
6. After frying for about 4-6 minutes, flip it over and continue frying the other side. Fry till the interior are being cooked nicely. The patty is fully cooked when it hardens in the middle.
7. Serve the patties onto a plate. Enjoy them with some ketchup or chilli sauce. Squeezing some lemon juices would give touch of appetizing freshness to the meat pancakes.
There you go. A quick, healthy and delicious recipe to mix in vegetable into your kids diet! Bon apetit!
What do you think of our recipe? Comment below and share them with us!