Time: 10 minutes.
Thai omelette (Kai Jiaw) is super easy, super quick and has superb taste. The omelette is best enjoyed with some Sriracha hot sauce – just like the locals. Carefully made with fish sauce, Kai Jiaw can be found anywhere in the streets of Thailand. Personally, I always eat Kai Jiaw together with Pad Krapow Gai (Thai Sweet Basil Pork), rather than the normal sunny side up. Good food isn’t hard if you are willing to spend 20 minutes of good cooking in the kitchen!
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- [Optional] 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbs chopped spring onion
- [Optional] Minced meat
- Corn starch
1. Beat two eggs. Mix in the remaining ingredients. Beat them with a fork and mix thoroughly.
2. Heat up a flat with 3 tbs of oil (Yes, you need lots of oil) using medium low heat. Make some light swirling movement in the middle to give the egg a fluffy effect. Continue frying the egg for 3-4 minutes. Flip it over and fry the other side as well.
3. Place your egg on top of your rice. Garnish with some extra spring onion. Serve it hot!
What do you think of our recipe? Comment below and share them with us!