Time: 10 minutes.
Avacado, the main component of the Mexican guacamole, was being reigned as the superfood of the decade. It is high in antioxidants, rich in various kinds of vitamins and very fulfilling, perfect if you are planning for a healthier diet.
Cuisine-wise, guacamole is an interesting dish as it could serve as a dip, a spread or an appetizing salad – depending on how you want to play mix-and-match. Today I would like to introduce a no-brainer recipe for guacamole.
- 2 ripe medium-size avacados
- Half of a medium-size onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt & black pepper
- [Optional] Some cherry tomatoes
- [Optional] half teaspoon of cumin powder
Slightly more complicated than scrambled eggs, but well, you don’t even need to start a fire for this one!
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the seeds in them. Mashed the avacados using a fork. Next, dice the onion and garlic cloves. Add in salt and pepper (cumin too) before mixing everything in a bowl.
2. Squeeze some lemon juice when everything is well mixed. You may also add in cherry tomatoes which are cut in halves for a more authentic taste of guacamole.
There is a couple of options from this point forward: You could use guacamole as a dip for taco chips, as a good salad or as a spread for your sandwiches. For the chips, I suggest you make it less chunkier for the texture,while for the sandwich, I strongly recommend you eat it with some succulent chicken breasts or British scrambled eggs if you like!
What do you think about recipe? Please comment and let me know!