Time: 15 minutes.
[Halal/Vegan note: Pork is replaceable]
20 years ago, I hated aubergines. 20 years later, I just can’t stop eating them! All thanks to my mother for taking all the troubles to
brain tongue-wash me. Aubergines are healthy and highly nutritious fruits. Yes, this is a proven fact. They are not a vegetable, because they bear fruits and contain seeds in them. Aubergines, for some reason, has been labelled as “poses significant health risk” to human body by some individuals, but these are baseless and irresponsible claims which have no real scientific evidence backing them.
The recipe we introduce today requires only aubergines, garlic, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Usage of pork lard or pork belly serve to give the aubergines an additional, compatible, sweet aroma. Diced, red paprika / chillies could also be added to give some stimulation and a better visual effects. Like most Chinese dishes, this dishes could be served quickly and is suitable to be cook even if you have a busy schedule ahead.
- 2 medium aubergines
- 50 – 100 g of pork slices (Alt: Minced meat)
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 100 ml water
- Some cornstarch solution
- Salt & pepper
- [Optional] Diced chillis / paprika
1. Diced the pork slices, garlic and chillis into small cubes. Mix the sauces well. Then, slice the aubergines into thin slices as shown below.
2. Heat up the wok with a generous amount of oil to 180 °C. Fry the aubergines for 5-7 minutes until they slightly turn yellowish-brown. Drain off the oil and allow the aubergines to rest aside.
3. Using the same wok, saute the pork slices on a low heat. The fatty pork would release its lard in it. Put in the garlic and diced chillis when the pork change colour. Saute over a medium flame until the garlic turn brown.
4. Now add in the prepared sauce. Saute for around 15 seconds before adding in water. Heat them to a boil and then put the fried aubergines back into the wok. Mix well.
5. Thickens the sauce with cornstarch solution. Serve it on a plate. You may garnish them with some spring onions.
What do you think of our recipe? Comment below and share it with us?