Time: 20 minutes.
Though there are many variation of Chilli Chicken carrying the same name, I am introducing my own version of it today. Chilli chicken could be easily found in most foreign Chinese restaurant nowadays. Originally being cook with pork or more commonly known as “Sweet & Sour Pork (咕噜肉)”, Malaysians have come up with a new Halal variation of this delicious traditional dish for the vast Muslim community.
- 300 g chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbs corn starch
- 1 tbs all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli
- 1 medium purple onion
- 1 medium green capsicum
- 2 tbs chilli sauce
- 2 tbs tomato ketchup
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- White sesame
1. Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks. Mix all the marinate ingredients well with the chicken, Put aside for 30 minutes.
2. Chopped the capsicum, onion, green chilli and garlic as shown in the picture below. Prepare the sauce by mixing chilli sauce, tomato ketchup, soy sauce and vinegar. You may add 2 tbs of water if you desire.
3. Heat up the wok with sufficient oil to 180°C. Put in the chicken one-by-one. Fried them for around 5-7 minutes till golden brown. Drain the oil and put aside after that.
4. Saute the diced garlic and white parts of spring onions over a medium flame. Put in the onions and capsicums when the garlic browned slightly. Stir-fry the vegetables for around 2 minutes.
5. Pour in the sauce and saute for a minute. Topple in the fried chicken and mix well for around 30 seconds.
6. Garnish the dish with some green spring onions or white sesame. Serve while hot and bon apetit!
What do you think of our recipe? Comment below and share them with us!