Time: 40 minutes.
I learnt this recipe from another friend who used to live nearby. This dish carried various flavours, prior to its usage of different kinds of ingredients – sweet and sourness from the tomatoes and lemon juice, spiciness from the chillies and onions, and earthiness from the potatoes and coconut milk, while not forgetting to mention, how well the taste of chicken has seep into each corner of this magnificent bowl of wonderfulness! Strongly suggest and highly recommend this dish if you are planning to fit a large group over dinner!
- 500 g chicken drumlets
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 200 ml coconut milk [Alt: Milk]
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Some freshly chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper
1. Chopped all the vegetables and prepare the lemon juices.
2. Start by stir frying onion, garlic, ginger and chillis over a medium flame for around 5 minutes. Put in the chicken and continue the saute process.
3. Fry the chicken until they turn evenly brown on the outside. This process should take about 5 minutes. Add in diced tomatoes and potatoes. Season with salt to taste and mix well. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer over low heat for 3 minutes.
4. Remove the lid and pour in coconut milk. Bring them to a boil and simmer it for 20-30 minutes over a low heat with the lid on.
5. Squeeze it lemon juice. Sprinkle some chopped coriander. Lightly saute them for around a minute.
6. Transfer them onto a large bowl and bon apetit!
What do you think of this recipe? Comment below and share them with us!