Time: 20 minutes.
Simple, quick, cheap and tasty, together with healthy, are the fundamentals of a daily homecook dish. And our chicken scallion stew fulfilled all the mentioned criteria! This is THE DISH to go for on a highly regular basis at home. The aroma of soy sauce fuses perfectly with the scallion-chicken broth, while providing warmth during freezing winter and inducing appetite on an unbearable summers day.
- 2 boneless chicken thigh
- 2 scallion, white and green parts separated
- 4-5 slices of ginger
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp corn starch
- [Optional] 1-2 thin sliced chillies
1. First and foremost, cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks. Season with some salt and pepper. Chopped and sliced the chillies, scallions and ginger too.
2. Fry the ginger over medium heat, till brown and start curling inwards.
3. Pop into chicken and fry them for about 7 minutes until they lose their raw pink colour. Add in white scallions and chillies and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
4. Pour in 200 ml of water and bring it to a boil. Turn down to low heat and add in the soy sauce. Simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
5. Stir in the green scallions and thicken the broth with some corn starch solution. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve them while hot with rice!
What do you think of our recipe? Comment below and share them with us!