Time: 45 minutes.
The taste of celery is highly distinctive. There are no doubt many celery lovers out there, but it also remains notorious in some who couldn’t stand the smell. It is important to note that Chinese celery is quite different with celery despite sharing rather similar appearance.
Celery soup is a simple, cheap and yummy soup commonly eaten among Westerners. Our recipe here are more focus on Asian taste, but feel like to add more celery or garlic if you like to intensify the flavours.
- 300 g celery
- 1 large potato
- 400 ml chicken/vegetable stock
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml milk
1. Cut the celery and potato into small pieces as shown below. Peel and remove garlic skin. Lightly saute them with some olive oil over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes.
2. Pour in vegetable stock and bring it to a boil. Simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.
3. Blend everything using a blender. Pour in the milk and cook for about 3 minutes. Season with some black pepper and salt and you are done with it! To get a greener celery soup, add in more leafy parts!
4. Strongly recommend you eat these with some crusty bread. They go well with each other.
Do you like our recipe? Comment below and share them with us!