Time: 10 minutes.
Feel like cooking Sze Chuan food at home but don’t feel like wasting more than 10 minutes on cooking? Then this is it! Introducing our easy, simple and quick recipe of Bon Bon Chicken. Bon Bon is a cold dish (凉菜), meaning it is not serve hot. So, you could make a large batch and store them in the fridge. Furthermore, you don’t have to even worry about reheating them before eating!
- 300 g chicken breast / thigh
- 2 tbs sesame paste (芝麻酱)
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs chilli oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
Note: This dish is traditionally cooked using chicken breast, which you need to “beat and crush” them into thin slices. However, for convenience sake, we are just cutting them into slices.
1. Prepare a boneless chicken thigh. Make a few random cuts to shorten cooking time and cook them in boiling water for 8 minutes.
2. While waiting for the chicken to cook, slice the cucumber and chop the garlic. Prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients mentioned above.
3. Slice the cooked chicken into thin slices. Mix well with the sauce and cucumber.
4. And there you go. A 10-minutes delicious Sze Chuan dish – Bon Bon Chicken is now ready!
Like our recipe? Comment below and share them with us!