Time: 20 minutes.
What do Chinese eat during a summers day? Bitter gourd. Well, not often of course but they do. Bitter gourd have lots of health benefits which are actually quite rare to be found in only one ingredient. Besides being rich in vitamin A, bitter gourd could reduce blood sugar levels, helps in weight loss and could reduce cholesterol level.
As their name sound, bitter gourds are bitter. Thus, we present to you with this delicious recipe which remove the bitterness of gourds and amplifying their scrumptious flavour! You will be surprise to see how irresistible bitter gourd can be!
Here are some recipes you might also be interested:
(Click the RED link)
- 200 g minced pork
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbs corn starch
- 2 bitter gourd, cut into rings
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbs water/ broth
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
1. Start off by mixing all the meat marinate together. Put aside for now.
2. Cut the bitter gourd into rings. Remove the white center section as shown below. Boil them for about a minute and drain off excess water.
3. Stuff the meat into the rings. You may coat them with additional corn starch to make sure they stay intact. Lightly fry them with low heat for 5 minutes on each sides. Make sure the meat are thoroughly cooked!
4. Prepare the sauce by mixing oyster sauce, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, salt, sugar, some water and corn starch. Mix well and pour them into the pan. Lightly coat the bitter gourd with the sauce using a spoon over time. This process should take about 3-5 minutes.
5. And, viola! Serve them on a plate and you’re done! This dish goes really well with rice!
Do you like our recipe? Comment below and tell us!