Time: 10 – 20 minutes.
We often hear eggs are multipurpose and can be used in all sorts of different ways. Bolognese sauce are almost the same too, pair them up with different ingredients and you could impress yourself at the cooking party and stand out among your friends! Today I am going to introduce 3 simple ways of eating with bolognese sauce.
(A) Bolognese Pasta
Pasta is the best companion for bolognese sauce and it would never go wrong. I am huge fan of spaghetti over other pasta, and therefore I will be cooking with it in this recipe. Different pasta may have different cooking time or way of handling so please read the factory method carefully before cooking.
1. Boil a pot of water. When it boils, add in olive oil and salt into the boiled water. Cook your spaghetti for around 7 minutes until they got soften.
2. Filter off the water when it is cooked. And serve it onto a plate. Pre-heat your bolognese sauce in your microwave oven for 2 minutes under 500 W. Top your spaghetti with the sauce. Garnish your pasta with some parsley and parmesan cheese.
(B) Bolognese Garlic Bread Toastie
What to eat with an authentic Italian bolognese? Why not try eating the Italian way – with bread! Baguette is also a viable Italian combination – Bolognese Bruschetta (I still have problem pronouncing “Bruschetta”).
1. Pre-heat the bolognese sauce in your microwave oven for 2 minutes at 500 W. Cut the garlic bread half and open it up.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and spread butter on the outer layer of the bread. Put it face down in the oven and grilled for 7 minutes.
3. Turn the toasted bread over and spread the cheese over a side. Then cover the cheese with a generous amount of bolognese sauce. You may top some more cheese on top if you like. Grilled for another 7 minutes.
4. Take it out of the oven and eat it while it’s hot and oven-fresh!!
(C) Stuffed Capsicum with Bolognese Sauce
Here we go. In Malaysian Shokutaku, we always save the best for the last! Capsicum, also known as bell pepper, goes extremely well with bolognese. The combination of capsicum and tomato on the same dish is so entrenched in Italian cuisines, especially when it comes to pizza! Today, we would like to replace your plate with a capsicum bowl while eating your favourite bolognese!
- 1-2 serving of preheated bolognese sauce
- 1 capsicum, slice vertically into half
- Some oregano
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- [Optional] 1 serving of cooked pasta
1. First and foremost, slice the capsicum into half vertically. Remove the seeds in it. Arrange them into the oven. Grilled for 7 minutes under 180°C.
2. Scoop some preheated bolognese sauce and place it carefully into the capsicum bowls. You may mix in some cooked pasta here. Sprinkle cheese onto the bolognese. Grill for 7 minutes again. Constantly have a look at your capsicum to prevent them from getting burnt!
3. Turn off the oven and your stuffed capsicums are done! Serve them on a plate and garnish with some freshly chopped coriander! The sweetness from the soft grilled capsicum is just too good to miss!
What do you think of our recipe? Comment below and share them with us!